Monday 16 March 2015

How long……….?

                                                           How long……….?

Psalmist David says, How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me? How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me? Psalm 13:1, 2. These questions may arise in your minds too.

Sometimes the road seems long and energy is spent. There is no more strength    to combat the thoughts and doubts within. There are lots of times you wonder what will be the end? You kneel down to pray but you just don’t know what to say. You are struggling with negative thoughts, which hamper your faith and trust. These words How long’ may be haunting you night and day.

The Lord says For surely there is an end (a future and a reward), and your hope and expectation shall not be cut off” (Proverbs 23:18). You might have already waited long for the promise or a vision to come to pass. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and not delay.” (Habakkuk 2:3).

Daniel saw two others in a vision, where one said to the other man who was clothed in linen How long will it be before…. things are fulfilled?” (Dan 1:6).  In Revelation 6:10 we read, the souls of them that were slain for the word of God and the testimony , cried with a loud voice saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true dost thou not avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?


The Lord says Behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me…” (Rev 22:12). You will be richly rewarded for all your waiting. The ‘How long…..?’ questions of your heart will be answered. There will be no more delay” (Rev 10:6).

0 comments:

Post a Comment