Tuesday 24 March 2015

HOW DO YOU KNOW ME?

                                   HOW DO YOU KNOW ME?

Philip answered the call of Jesus and followed him as his disciple. He was from the town of Bethsaida, like Andrew and Peter. Philip found Nathaniel and told him about Jesus. When Jesus saw Nathaniel approaching him, He said: “Here truly is an Israelite in whom there is no guile.”

Hearing this Nathaniel asked Jesus: “How do you know me?” Jesus answered, I saw you while you were still under the fig tree before Philip called you.”(John1:48).

Dear friends, our Lord knows us and watches us even before we draw near to him. The Lord says “..I have even called thee by name: I have surnamed thee, though thou hast not known me.” (Isaiah 45:4).

David says in Psalms 139:2 to 4 “You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar……. before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord. The Lord knows everything! Job replies amidst all his sufferings: “But He knows the way I take…” (Job 23:10). Very true the Lord knows who we are and what we need. The word of God says: “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you.” (Jeremiah 1:5). He has written the diary of your days even before they made a start.


Lord Jesus knew and saw Nathaniel even before they met, He is still with us. He knows you and keeps a close watch over you. He promises in Psalms 121:7, “He will watch over your life”. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment