Monday 2 March 2015

                                    Excuse me, I cannot come…

Luke chapter 14 verses 15 to 23 talks about the Great Banquet. A man once gave a great banquet and invited many guests. When they had to come each of them began to make excuses. One said that he bought a field and wanted to see it. Another said ‘I have bought five yoke of oxen and I am going out to examine them. Please excuse me.’ Another said, ‘I just got married, and I cannot come.’ The servant reported this to the Master, He replied saying, Go into the streets and invite everyone to the wedding banquet, they gathered all the people they could find… and the wedding hall was filled with guests. (Mathew 22:10) 

Dear believer, it is true, that we often give excuses. We are not ready to give our first priority to God that is where we stumble. We should be prepared to meet the Lord our God in His glorious second coming. Let this parable, be a reminder to us that if we are slow in responding we might be left behind. The Lord is preparing a banquet for that great and glorious day. Now dear friend I hope when the Lord and Master calls you, be certain not to say: “hold me excused, I cannot come.”


Mathew 22:14 says “For many are invited but few are chosen.”  When the King came to see the guests he noticed a man without wedding clothes, and asked “Friend, how did you get in here without your wedding clothes?” as he stood speechless, he was finally thrown into the darkness at the kings order. For it is written in Revelation: 19:10Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!” Let us get ready for the wedding. Revelation 10:6 says “There will be no more delay!” 

0 comments:

Post a Comment